Chartwells food service put on a cook-out on the Helo-Deck. Hot Dogs, Hamburgers, Sausage for everyone, what that means is that the Kitchen cooked 300 lbs. of burgers (they were big 1/3 pounders), 500 sausage, and three hundred hot dogs. There was also an inflatable jousting competition and lots of music.
That will be our only Sunday at Sea since all the rest of our Sunday's we will be in port. Everyone made the best of it and soaked up some rays. Try this Barbeque Challenge:
- How many hamburgers where cooked in total?
- How many buns were needed for that many pieces of meat?
- If we have 600 cadets, how many hamburgers can each one have? How many sausages? How many hotdogs?
- For desert there was ice cream: 10 gallons of each flavor. A chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, peanut butter cup, and mint chip. How many totals gallon did the cadets have?
- How many 1 cup servings did all of the ice cream make?