FOLLOW THE VOYAGE - TS KENNEDY

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

FTV Let the Voyage Begin!

Hello!

My name is Alicia Tarr and I am a senior cadet at Massachusetts Maritime Academy. I am in the  Marine Safety and Environmental Science major, and will also have a concentration in Marine Biology. Along with academics and my duties as the Sixth Company Training and Retention Officer, I have taken on the role of MMA's Sea Term 2013 Follow the Voyage Cadet Coordinator. I will be updating you on the preparations for a Semester at Sea before we set sail, and how everyday life is on the Training Ship Kennedy.

This year, we will be making port at some amazing places: New Orleans, Bahamas, Jamaica, and Aruba in that order. Keep up with me as I scour the cityscape, live on a ship, and explore the islands this Sea Term!

I'll keep you posted on the T.S. Kennedy's set-up for our "cruise", including interviews with the crew and educators. For the time that I will be blogging, I will be collaborating with Meredith Emery, Sea Term 2012's Follow the Voyage Shipboard Coordinator. She will be posting the activities for all of the classrooms that are following my voyage.

So far Captain Bushy, Master of the T.S. Kennedy, has held three Sea Term Council Meetings. We are well on our way to a successful trip. We are currently deciding on the different excursions MMA will offer the cadets at each port, with safety being of utmost importance. These excursions include anything from horseback riding along the beach, to snorkling the reefs, to ziplining the canopies. A charitable giving project is also underway, along with and update of our shipboard library. Stay tuned to learn about new business and to get more accquainted with a Sea Term's expectations.

More posts to come!

~Alicia

No comments:

Post a Comment