FOLLOW THE VOYAGE - TS KENNEDY

Tuesday, December 10, 2013




Voyage Followers,

Hello land-lubbers, I am very pleased to introduce myself to you for the first time as the 2014 Follow the Voyage Cadet Correspondent. My name is Taylor Inkley, I am from South Yarmouth, Massachusetts and I am a graduate from the Cape Cod Regional Technical High School. Currently I am a senior Facilities Engineering student and the Regimental Commander. The Facilities Engineering major is concentrated the on shore side operation of power plants and large facilities such as the TD Bank Garden in Boston. As the Regimental Commander I am responsible for the conduct, morale, and daily life regarding the Regiment of Cadets.

This year I will be partaking in the 2014 Sea Term as Cruise Commander and the Follow the Voyage Cadet Correspondent. As Cruise Commander I will provide the necessary support to the Cadet Chief Mate and Cadet Chief Engineer to ensure proper conduct of cadets while on board the T.S. Kennedy.

Throughout our six-week voyage I will share with you the excitement of living aboard the T.S. Kennedy and all the adventures students endure while in port. I will introduce you to the day-to-day responsibilities of cadets, intrigue you with interesting stories from cadets, and I promise I will take incredible photos. I look forward to sharing our Sea Term experience with you.

Yours truly,
Taylor Inkley

Here is more about Taylor's Facilities engineering major.
A facilities engineer performs duties in planning, designing, and overseeing construction and maintenance of building structures, and facilities, such as roads, railroads, airports, bridges, harbors, channels, dams, irrigation projects, pipelines, power plants, and water and sewage systems. A job as a Facilities Engineer falls under the broader career category of Civil Engineers.

Watch this video about Civil Engineering Careers  Try this game about engineering a windmill



No comments:

Post a Comment