FOLLOW THE VOYAGE - TS KENNEDY

Monday, February 9, 2015

FTV Texas Maritime Cadets Sail with the Kennedy

Guest Blogger 1/c Jose Brito Howdy from the TS Kennedy!

My name is Jose Brito or “Bubba”! I am one of the two Texas Maritime Academy cadets that were fortunate enough to sail with MMA for my senior deck cruise. Currently, we are in the sunny Caribbean. In the past several weeks I have met and made a lot of new friends aboard the Kennedy. The staff and crew of MMA have made it very easy for this Texas Maritime Cadet to feel at home. I can not express how grateful I am to spend my senior cruise with MMA on the 2015 sea term.
Our second port of call was San Juan, PR – a place that is near and dear to me. While in port I was able to visit family that live there and that I have not seen in several years. In addition I was able to give a tour of the mighty TS Kennedy to my family and show them what being a merchant marine cadet is all about.


Sea term has been a blast so far and time seems to be zooming by as we are now more than half way done! In closing, I would like to give a big Texas sized Thank you to everyone I have met aboard for their hospitality, especially the staff and administration of the TS Kennedy.

Like most families Jose's family loves to spend a day at the beach. Learn more about beaches in these activities:

No comments:

Post a Comment